Prototypes DV Programs
General Responsibilities: As a member of the Prototypes Domestic Violence Programs, and under the supervision of the Program Director, Case Manager will provide direct services, education, information and referrals to survivors of domestic violence.
· Conduct initial client assessment and intake.
· Monitor support services, information and referrals.
· Recommend interventions and/ or referrals as appropriate, based on client needs.
· Provide service assessments: prioritizing client needs. Service Plan: develop goals and timeline to achieve goals with client (including employment/vocational assistance and referrals). Client Advocacy: phone calls, coordination of services on behalf of the clients. Reassess and revise service plan as needed; and follow-up with clients to assess for additional services (i.e. legal assistance).
· Co-facilitate and/ or conduct open groups, structured closed groups and individual counseling to residents (DV group, Parenting Skills, Life Skills, Resume-writing, job search, etc., therapeutic groups, etc.)
· Provide direct services and transportation based on client needs, including child care while adult clients access services at the site.
· Provide domestic violence, substance abuse counseling, support services, information and referrals.
· Maintain network of mental health, health, social service substance abuse and domestic violence referrals.
· Document information on each client, maintain written records and reports.
· Assist the program in developing and documenting culturally sensitive understanding of the target population.
· Assist in training community network staff representatives.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelor degree from a four-year college or university and/or experience as a community worker. Must have familiarity with the needs of the target population. Good writing and verbal communication skills. Knowledge and respect of all confidentiality issues. Must also have a dependable automobile with valid driver’s license and current insurance. Bilingual/Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply.
Submit Resume and cover letter to: Lindsay Mickelson, firstname.lastname@example.org