Father Engagement Training Specialist
HOURS: Full Time
JOB OVERVIEW: This position is for an experienced trainer or consultant who has knowledge of father engagement strategies and family strengthening practice and/or family resources centers. Experience in working with fathers preferred. Familiarity with strength based approaches, organizational sustainability, and case management is desired. This position will focus on the Father Engagement Project within Strategies, which is a research based approach to engaging fathers in order to achieve positive outcomes for children. The person in this position will provide technical assistance and training to family strengthening organizations and network around agency outreach, recruitment, engagement, and retention. Experience with Internet technologies, website development and maintenance and significant experience with Microsoft Office Suite all preferred. Extensive traveling in California is required. Reports to the Regional Director and Father Engagement Project Manager.
1. Provide regional and statewide promotion, training and technical assistance to agencies and networks involved with the Father Engagement Project.
2. Develop and maintain strong working relationships with potential and engaged Father Engagement sites throughout California, utilizing a variety of approaches including site visits, e-mail and telephone contact.
3. Maintain and develop content for the web page in order to promote a learning community.
4. Participate in Father Engagement Project conference planning, training and workshop development.
5. Promote general as well as specific benefits, and systemic solutions to recruitment, engagement, retention of fathers as a resource to family strengthening
6. Track and respond to technical assistance requests via fax, telephone and e-mail
7. Work with Strategies team throughout the state in meeting goals of Strategies Father Engagement related scope of work.
8. Contribute to the developing strategic planning to increase resources in support of the Father Engagement Project.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Strategies is looking for a dynamic and highly experienced professional ready to jump in and support agencies who are looking to engage fathers in their good work. Must love travel! Please forward this job description to all qualified candidates. We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated team player! Thanks for passing along to your networks and professional connections!
Magdalena Benitez, MSW
Strategies, a Project of Children’s Bureau
50 S. Anaheim Blvd., Ste. 241
Anaheim, CA 92805
Toll Free: 888-505-0597
Tel.: 714-517-1900 ext. 220
APPLY ONLINE: http://www.all4kids.org/working-at-cb.html
Requires proof of valid California driver’s license, insurance and driving record acceptable to Interface’s insurance provider. Criminal clearance required.