Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Part-Time Work at a Dialysis Facility


I’m seeking a (new) MSW that could work directly with me at my dialysis facility at the corner of La Cienega and the 10 fwy.  I will provide all training.  

I need someone one day a week (8 hours, preferably early morning Saturdays so can still have a decent weekend but I’m very flexible in terms of days/time) to start with but with possibility of growing into more.  Span spkg (intermediate is fine).

This is medical social work and case management, but sharp clinical skills are necessary.  Start part-time and grow.  I need a serious, dedicated SW who is really into it.  I need a social work practitioner who strives for excellence and believes in providing world-class service as taught in grad school.

I need someone from an excellent MSW program such as UCLA b/c I demand excellence in my work and who will work with very complex cases with care and compassion.  The current healthcare system and economy have made it brutal for these chronic patients in terms of resources (financial, medical, concrete, clinical).  

Lots of face-time with patients (assessment, education, counseling) and lots of accompanying documentation.  Lots of education delivery and community resource linkage; lots of emotional support.  This clinic is demanding, stress-filled, noisy, busy and very tough – challenging to the max.  

If you know someone who wants experience where it is the hardest, then please have them contact me.  I will provide close guidance and supervision the entire experience.

Vernon Silva, LCSW, NSW-C 
Social Services 
Kidney Center, Inc. 
Kidney Dialysis Center of West Los Angeles 
1801 S. La Cienega Blvd. 
Los Angeles, CA 90035 
(310) 840-5688 ext. 1506
(805) 433-7771 fax 

No comments: