CLINICAL CASE MANAGER
Organizational Background: My Friend’s Place is a nonprofit organization working to inspire and assist homeless youth to build self-sufficient lives. Over the past twenty five years, My Friend's Place has grown to become one of the most visited drop-in resource center for homeless youth in Southern California and provides emergency, drop-in, health, mental health and education services to more than 1,600 homeless youth annually.
Job Description: Working from a strengths based perspective and harm reduction approach, the Clinical Case Manager will address urgent basic need and psychosocial issues facing homeless youth. Under the direct supervision of the Clinical Director, the Clinical Case Manager’s primary responsibilities include establishing open communication with clients, group facilitation, identifying potential case management clients, formulating individualized case plans designed to assist transition to self-sufficiency, and providing extensive crisis intervention services. The Clinical Case Manager will have extensive daily milieu interactions with clients and will assist multidisciplinary program staff in meeting client needs by supporting all direct service functions.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability desired. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
1. Education and Experience: Master’s in Social Work required with a minimum of one year of professional experience working with homeless or high-risk youth.
- Computer/Office Equipment Skills: Proficient in PC computer environment (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Language Skills: Fluency in spoken and written English is required; bilingual fluency in English/Spanish strongly preferred.
- Other skills/requirements:
· Keen assessment and crisis intervention skills are critical.
· Solid understanding of adolescent development and the impact of trauma and high-risk behavior.
· Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills and ability to work with people of diverse social and cultural backgrounds.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
To apply send your cover letter
and resume to:
Erin Casey, LCSW, Clinical Director
My Friend’s Place
PO Box 3867
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com