Friday, May 24, 2013
NASW-CA Region H Networking Hour!
Please join NASW-CA Region H on Thursday, June 6th
from 6pm - 8:30pm
at El Cholo Restaurant (1025 Wilshire Blvd Santa Monica, CA 90401).
Come reconnect with colleagues and make new contacts! This is a great opportunity for those looking for jobs and summer internships, as well as professionals hoping to meet and recruit new graduates.
Appetizers and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided.
Please find attached a flyer for the event. Hope to see you there!
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/regionhnasw/
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Monday, May 20, 2013
Job Title: Quality Assurance Clinician
Dept: Wellness Center
The Quality Assurance Clinician will provide review and oversight of all Medi-Cal documentation, client records, and compliance requirements to ensure that Lamp’s Wellness Center operations meet or exceed required documentation and compliance standards for the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health. The Clinician will also provide staff consultation and trainings as applicable to meeting documentation, compliance standards, and quality assurance best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide detailed and accurate review of all DMH Medi-Cal documentation including weekly progress notes, Adult Initial Assessments, Annual Assessment Updates, Client Care Coordination Plans, Discharge Summaries, Progress Notes, and all other clinical and administrative forms associated with each client record; co-sign documentation and collect signatures for documentation as needed
2. Coordinate with Wellness Center Associate Director to ensure compliance with documentation standards and completion of required documentation
3. Provide Medi-Cal documentation training to all Wellness Center staff
4. Audit Wellness Center charts to ensure presence of required documentation, and provide clinical review
5. Coordinate with Director of Service Delivery and Chief Operating Officer regarding quality and compliance issues
6. Liaison with Los Angeles County Auditor Controller during Medi-Cal audits
7. Complete Department of Mental Health Adult Initial Assessments, Annual Assessment Updates, Discharge Summaries, Client Care and Coordination Plans, and Progress Notes as needed
1. Active LCSW required
2. Two years full-time, post-graduate experience working with Medi-Cal/DMH documentation, including both direct practice and review
3. Highly detail oriented with excellent time management, organizational, written, verbal, interpersonal, and computer skills
4. Strong training, project management, and team-building skills
5. Able to behave with sensitivity, tact, and responsiveness
6. Outstanding clinical review skills
7. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and database applications
8. Able to learn quickly and work effectively with a wide range of constituencies and with minimal supervision
9. Contract and/or quality assurance experience preferred
1. Field (may need to travel) and indoor office environment
2. Will necessitate working in busy and loud environments
3. Will be exposed to elements like cold, heat, dust, noise and odor
4. May need to bend, stoop, twist, and sit throughout the day
RESPONSIBILITIES COMMON TO ALL AGENCY EMPLOYEES
1. Maintain a safe work environment and confidentiality at all times
2. Be proactive, creative, and flexible in determining, evaluating, researching, and resolving issues
3. Organize and prioritize multiple activities to meet all external and internal deadlines
4. Maintain professional demeanor that reflects positively on the agency
5. Demonstrate respect and courtesy toward others
6. Able to thrive in a work environment emphasizing teamwork and collaboration
7. Respond in a timely manner in all aspects of communication
8. Work with minimum supervision
9. Perform other duties as assigned
To apply, candidates can email
firstname.lastname@example.org with QA in the subject line