LCSW jobs in Los Angeles at Fresenius Medical Care:
Monday, April 14, 2014
Friday, April 11, 2014
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Monday, March 10, 2014
Bilingual Clinical Social Worker
Women Helping Women, NCJW/LA
Women Helping Women ~ Community Counseling & Support Services is seeking a full-time bilingual clinical social worker to join our highly collaborative team.
A community service program of the National Council of Jewish Women/Los Angeles, Women Helping Women (WHW), is dedicated to providing high-quality, integrated mental health services and assistance with basic needs to women, children, and families at-risk and in need. Our clients are as diverse as Los Angeles, with Latino clients comprising up to half of our caseload. WHW is driven by the belief that people need people, and that human connection is essential to mental health and healing. These beliefs are put into practice through our counseling Talkline, relationally-focused therapy services, support groups and workshops. All services are provided on a sliding scale, with most clients receiving free services.
This is an entry level position with significant opportunities for creativity and professional development. All staff social workers receive extensive clinical training, as well as weekly individual and group supervision with the WHW Director. WHW staff therapists are encouraged to participate actively in violence-prevention networks and collaborative projects throughout the city.
Full time, salary $43,000 -$46,000 plus benefits. Email only cover letter with resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Providing comprehensive psychosocial assessments, and long-term, attachment- and trauma-focused therapy for adult, child and adolescent clients in English and Spanish;
- Co-facilitating two support groups per year in English or Spanish, both on-site and at local partner agencies in the community;
- Providing weekly supervision for paraprofessional counselors on our free Counseling Talkline;
- Serving as preceptor and/or Field Instructor for 2nd year MSW interns;
- Assisting in the implementation and delivery of supportive and emergency services;
- Participating in ongoing needs assessment and program development/improvement projects;
- Participating in inter-agency networks, trainings and collaborations;
- Minimum of one evening per week required.
Desired skills and experience:
- Must be proficient in verbal and written Spanish;
- Masters in Social Work/ Social Welfare from an accredited MSW program;
- Minimum two years of clinical experience, including internships;
- Excellent writing & verbal skills;
- Knowledge of the LA community;
- 40 hour domestic violence certification preferred, DV knowledge base required;
- Must strive to continuously develop knowledge base and clinical skill in cutting-edge approaches, including attachment theory; child development; interpersonal neurobiology; mindfulness; trauma-focused treatment; and somatic approaches;
- Must be self-motivated; conscientious; able to work independently; able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; highly organized; computer and social media literate; personable; and able to work as a team player on a highly collaborative team.