Friday, February 17, 2012
ssg/ASIAN pACIFIC COUNSELING AND tREATMENT cENTERS
FLSA: Non-Exempt Supervisor: Program Manager
Under the direction of Program Manager and Clinical Supervisor, Psychiatric Social Worker I has primary clinical responsibilities in providing individual, group and family counseling, intake assessment, crisis intervention, and outreach and referral services.
§ Essential Functions:
- Provides outreach and engagement service to individuals who are isolated, unwilling or unable to access traditional mental health outpatient services due to location/distance barriers, physical disabilities, or because of the stigma associated with receiving clinic based services.
- Conducts bio-psycho-social assessment, formulates diagnoses based on the DSM IV criteria, and verifies eligibility qualifications to receive mental health service based on DMH service eligibility guidelines.
- Provides individual, family and group counseling for adults, children and families in the office or field settings including client’s residence, school, recreation centers, board and care facilities or any other setting appropriate to serve clients.
- Provides crisis assessment and intervention.
- Provides linkage service to clients to access medical, educational, social, prevocational, rehabilitative, or other community services.
§ Minimum Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
· Master’s Degree in Social Work/Welfare from an accredited university. Proof must be submitted.
· A valid registration as ASW in the State of California. Must be renewed every year. Proof must be submitted.
· Advanced knowledge and at least 1 year of internship training in the field of Mental Health.
· Knowledge of DSM IV and ability to diagnose.
· TB Clearance required for School-Based Mental Health service.
· Clinical documentation skills
· Computer Literacy – ability to use MS Office, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat programs
· Proficiency in one of Asian languages including Cambodian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Filipino, Thai or Vietnamese, or Spanish.
· Knowledge and ability to work with multi-ethnic populations.
· Ability to function as a member of an inter-disciplinary team.
· Must have a valid California driver license, auto insurance and reliable transportation. Proof must be submitted.
· Eligibility of Employment. Proof must be submitted.
· Background check
· Regular attendance required.
Contact Information and Resume Submission:
520 S. Lafayette Pk. Pl. #300
Los Angeles, CA 90057
FAX: (213) 251-8517
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Sunday, February 5, 2012
Thursday, February 2, 2012
LCSW Wanted: Partner with One of the Nation’s Top Schools of Social Work as it Opens its First TeleHealth Clinic!
The University of Southern California, in collaboration with Pacific Medical (a professional medical corporation) is actively recruiting an LCSW to provide psychotherapy to a diverse set of clients including individuals presenting with problems related to obesity and physical conditions having a strong nutritional component, e.g. diabetes. The role also asks you to supervise a talented group of MSW student interns in practicum using proven methods along with new and innovative telehealthcare technology tools.
This is a unique opportunity to work with world-renowned experts in the field … be at the forefront of new ways to advance the profession using technology … engage your compassion through rewarding encounters with diverse population groups … and mentor students in furthering their ability to deliver exceptional client interactions.
The USC School of Social Work is one of the oldest and most highly regarded schools of social work in the U.S. Continually blazing new trails in the field of clinical psychotherapy and counseling … the mission of the School is to improve the well-being of vulnerable individuals and communities, advance social and economic justice, and eradicate pressing societal problems in complex and culturally diverse urban environments throughout the nation and the world. Pacific Medical is a Southern California-based medical organization, with experience in the field of telehealthcare, that will be operating the School’s new clinic during the first few months of the program. Long-term, all clinic operations are expected to transition to USC.
The clinic will be staffed with Psychiatrists and LCSW’s working as independent contractors. A flexible full-time or part-time workload will include provision of therapy/counseling as well as clinical supervision of up to 5 MSW interns. These positions will be able to be conducted from either the new LA-based clinic located downtown at the City Center facility … or your own home or private practice work space. Longer-term, some of these roles are expected to become full-time University employee positions. Joining us now will position you for exciting opportunities as the clinic grows over the next few years.
· Current California LCSW license
· Minimum 2 years clinical experience with clients seeking intervention and support related to obesity, physical conditions having a strong nutritional component, e.g. diabetes, and bariatric surgery.
· Minimum one year clinical supervisory experience (w/student interns)
· Familiar with DSM-IV & HIPAA regulations
· Recent computer or laptop with webcam and high-speed internet
· Computer literate and comfortable with technology
· Ability to receive/maintain DPS fingerprint clearance
· Flexible schedule
· Ability to commute to downtown LA … or have your own home/private work space
· Bilingual or multi-lingual a plus. Established with insurance payers also a plus
Please email your resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org