ssg/ASIAN pACIFIC COUNSELING AND tREATMENT cENTERS
FLSA: Non-Exempt Supervisor: Program Manager
Under the direction of Program Manager and Clinical Supervisor, Psychiatric Social Worker I has primary clinical responsibilities in providing individual, group and family counseling, intake assessment, crisis intervention, and outreach and referral services.
§ Essential Functions:
- Provides outreach and engagement service to individuals who are isolated, unwilling or unable to access traditional mental health outpatient services due to location/distance barriers, physical disabilities, or because of the stigma associated with receiving clinic based services.
- Conducts bio-psycho-social assessment, formulates diagnoses based on the DSM IV criteria, and verifies eligibility qualifications to receive mental health service based on DMH service eligibility guidelines.
- Provides individual, family and group counseling for adults, children and families in the office or field settings including client’s residence, school, recreation centers, board and care facilities or any other setting appropriate to serve clients.
- Provides crisis assessment and intervention.
- Provides linkage service to clients to access medical, educational, social, prevocational, rehabilitative, or other community services.
§ Minimum Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
· Master’s Degree in Social Work/Welfare from an accredited university. Proof must be submitted.
· A valid registration as ASW in the State of California. Must be renewed every year. Proof must be submitted.
· Advanced knowledge and at least 1 year of internship training in the field of Mental Health.
· Knowledge of DSM IV and ability to diagnose.
· TB Clearance required for School-Based Mental Health service.
· Clinical documentation skills
· Computer Literacy – ability to use MS Office, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat programs
· Proficiency in one of Asian languages including Cambodian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Filipino, Thai or Vietnamese, or Spanish.
· Knowledge and ability to work with multi-ethnic populations.
· Ability to function as a member of an inter-disciplinary team.
· Must have a valid California driver license, auto insurance and reliable transportation. Proof must be submitted.
· Eligibility of Employment. Proof must be submitted.
· Background check
· Regular attendance required.
Contact Information and Resume Submission:
520 S. Lafayette Pk. Pl. #300
Los Angeles, CA 90057
FAX: (213) 251-8517