POSITION POSTING: Early Childhood Prevention Specialist
Westside Regional Center announces an exciting opportunity to be part of a brand-new early intervention program. The new Prevention Program is designed to prevent 0-3 year old children who are at high risk of developmental delays from acquiring significant delays. This is a chance for bright, motivated professionals to work one-on-one with families to promote healthy development and to contribute to the formation of a program that will have lasting impacts.
• In-home periodic developmental observation, screening, guidance, and family education.
• Case management and resource referral to Westside Family Resource Center and local community resources related to healthy growth and development
• Database maintenance regarding work processes, implementation of family prevention plans and outcomes.
1. Masters degree in field related to Early Childhood Development, e.g., psychology, education, social work, health care, public health, sociology. Candidates with equivalent experience as Masters level education (>3 years in early childhood development) will be considered.
2. Abilities as they relate to Early Childhood Development:
a. Excellent knowledge of early childhood growth/development, health and safety
b. Developmental observation and assessment of young children, including recognition of typical and atypical development
c. Effective family-centered communication, guidance and education about development
d. Local community resource development, collaboration, and referral
e. Case management, including family support and documentation
3. Self-motivation and enthusiasm; strong organization skills; ability to work efficiently, independently and contribute as a valued team member; willingness to undertake training and enhance skills as needed
4. Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
Pay structure: Commensurate with experience/previous salary. This is a full-time employment position that includes a generous benefits package.
Submit resume and salary history (both required for consideration) to:
Cris Azantian, O.T.R./L.
Health and Medical Department
Westside Regional Center
5901 Green Valley Circle
Culver City, CA 90230
Email: email@example.com Phone: 310-258-4088 Fax: 310-338-9744