Date: March 18, 2010
Job Title: Counselor (In Home Outreach), Family Preservation Program
Submit Resume to: Paula Tapanes
To All Helpline Team Members,
As the leadership of Helpline, we are committed to building our agency capacity by investing in the talented, creative and incredible members of our agency team. If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the requireYd qualifications, please submit your resume to Paula Tapanes.
POSITION TITLE: Counselor (In Home Outreach), Family Preservation Program
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Program Director for Family Preservation Services, the In Home Outreach Counselor will:
1. Facilitate a case-management system and evaluation of service needs for families referred through the Department of Children and Family Services to the Family Preservation Network.
2. Provide direct in-home outreach counseling to Family Preservation Program client families.
3. Arrange and attend the Multidisciplinary Case Planning Committee Meeting for each family in treatment.
4. Provide parenting skills training.
5. Work with the Department of Children and Family Services CSW as needed to assist in accomplishing case plan goals and outcomes for Family Preservation clients.
6. Provide appropriate referrals for family services needs and maintain follow-up on progress.
7. Maintain accurate and timely documentation of all job related activities.
8. Attend assigned meetings and trainings.
9.Conduct Up-Front Assessments with DCFS’ families.
10.Other duties as assigned.
1.Masters’s degree preferred as a Marriage and Family Therapist or preferred Master’s in Social Work with a current BBS number.
2.Bachelor’s Degree in social work, psychology or sociology.
3.Two years full time work experience in conducting group and individual counseling with children and families.
4.Good verbal and written communication skills
5.Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some weekends and evenings.
6.Permanent U.S. residency or citizenship.
7.Valid California Driver’s license, current auto insurance and good driving record.
8.Ability to obtain Class B Driver’s license.
9.Ability to pass background check and criminal clearance.
HELPLINE YOUTH COUNSELING, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND ADHERES TO HIRING PRACTICES IN ACCORDANCE WITH FEDERAL AND STATE REGULATIONS.