Location: Community Based; LAUSD school sites
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s required; Master’s preferred
Status: Full time
Compensation: Depending on Experience
Education, Certification, and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services or related field from an accredited college or university required; Social Work Master’s preferred.
• Experience working in the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) in the classroom, as a school liaison, school based program required.
• Experience working with at-risk children required; ideally has experience working with the foster care system specifically.
• Ideal candidate will have an MSW Field Instructor Supervision Certificate and/or experience managing interns.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
• Excellent communication and writing skills required.
• Candidate must be flexible and multi-task oriented.
Children Uniting Nations is a non-profit organization which seeks to create and support quality academic and relationship based mentoring programs for foster youth in Los Angeles County. These services are provided on site at local LAUSD schools as well as in conjunction with community residential treatment facilities. The Community Field Liaison will work in conjunction with the academic mentoring team under the supervision of the Program Manager.
Key components of the program position include but are not limited to:
• Educational Enrichment Activities
• Mentor Recruitment and Support
• Mentor/Mentee Match Case Management
• Outreach and Workshops for Caregivers, Teachers, and School Staff
Specific responsibilities are as follows:
1. Coordinate on-site and off-site activities with Academic Mentoring Program Manager and LAUSD School Team
2. Coordinate and oversee Saturday School mentoring program
3. Work with mentors, teachers and school staff, and caregivers: orient and train, maintain ongoing communication, and complete evaluation surveys
4. Collect and compile program student data and surveys
5. Connect to community resources for foster youth services and to recruit mentors
6. Other duties as needed
School Based Mentoring Program
Children Uniting Nations/mPLAY
(New Address and Contact Info)
6380 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1006
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Tel: (323) 944-0500
Fax: (323) 944-0800