Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship
Los Angeles, California
NFTE, the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship, is a nonprofit organization with global headquarters based in New York City. The NFTE Greater Los Angeles Program Office is seeking a Program Director to oversee entrepreneurship education programs for young people from low-income communities. For more information about NFTE, visit www.nfte.com.
In Los Angeles, NFTE currently works with 25+ teachers and youth development professionals to reach 1,000 middle school and high school students with our in-depth, award-winning entrepreneurship program. Students participate in a 50 hour minimum NFTE curriculum (led by a NFTE Teacher and overseen by a NFTE Program Director) either as a class during the school day, as an out-of-school-time program, or as a summer immersion program.
The NFTE Greater Los Angeles Program Director is responsible for supporting and developing our roster of 25+ active NFTE Teachers and developing and delivering programs and events to benefit the teachers and students enrolled in the NFTE program. The Program Director will work in tandem with NFTE staff locally and nationally to introduce curriculum, troubleshoot program implementation, recruit new teachers & schools, organize classroom events (guest speakers, volunteer business plan coaches & judges), create large-scale business plan competition events and develop and further local relationships and partnerships to benefit our program goals.
Program Director Responsibilities
Teacher Support and Professional Development
The Program Director is responsible for all aspects of program implementation:
* Work with program site’s administration to ensure program support
* Organize and host monthly teacher training & professional development opportunities to maintain high teacher retention and satisfaction
* Conduct frequent school site visits
* Provide individual teacher support via in-person, phone and email consultation
* Collaborate on developing the teacher mentoring/posse program
* Conduct outreach and maintain communication with new teacher candidates
* Analyze student outcomes and teacher performance while implementing initiatives to improve program and teacher performance
* Build connections and community among our active teachers
The Program Director serves as the ‘face of NFTE’ to current students enrolled in the program through school site visits and presentations to all enrolled students:
* Collaborate with teachers on scheduling field trips, guest speakers, business plan coaches and judges to work with students
* Communicate with NFTE program graduates to develop on-going alumni supports and opportunities
* Launch ‘farm team’ by organizing coaching and mentoring opportunities for top students pursuing their businesses
* Manage three levels of business plan competitions: (1) classroom (2) semi-final (3) regional and ensure quality and consistency amongst each of the levels
* Provide program updates at evening board meetings, volunteer recruitment and training events, and meetings with strategic partners
The Program Director will:
* Track program and evaluation data and keep teachers informed of their progress
* Document qualitative and quantitative program features for reporting and development purposes
* Input and monitor data through our online system (TEAMS)
* Serve as tech support to teachers as they learn and utilize TEAMS
* Process teacher and student fund requests
* Participate with national program initiatives and represent the Los Angeles office in program and alumni related collaborations and best practice sharing with other NFTE offices
* Bachelor’s degree required; an advanced degree in business, education or social welfare is preferred
* A minimum of two years’ experience working with Los Angeles youth or within Los Angeles schools is strongly preferred
* Must be able to work independently and collaboratively, display strong leadership and organizational skills, and be able to manage multiple projects
* Strengths in strategic planning and implementation
* Knowledge of business concepts
* Familiarity with CRM databases
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license required, as Program Director is frequently at school sites and regularly visiting with multiple teachers each week. Mileage reimbursement provided.
The Program Director position is full-time and reports to the Executive Director.
Salary: Competitive. Comprehensive benefits.
NFTE is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages women and underrepresented minorities to apply.
Please send cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org