Position: Clinical Supervisor (Full-time, Exempt) Unit: Clinical Services Posting Date: 9/20/2010
Reports To: Clinical Services Manager
Positions Available: 1
Salary: $52,000 – 65,000 annually, plus BENEFITS
Summary: Under the direction of the Clinical Services Manager, the Clinical Supervisor is a supervisorial position that ensures the quality of services being provided by the clinical unit through individual and group supervision of clinical staff, chart review, and implementation of other quality assurance measures. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Program clinical supervision by:
o Providing individual and group supervision for clinical staff including all clinicians, case managers and in-home counselors providing mental health, child abuse prevention, intervention & treatment, family preservation and parenting education services;
o Ensuring that licensed and licensing-eligible staff comply with all BBS regulations, guidelines and state requirements;
o Reviewing all documentation for service provided including intakes, assessments, progress notes, referral logs and service coordination plans for accuracy and timeliness;
o Ensuring staff compliance with Medi-Cal processes including charting/documentation, billing and Q&A;
o Monitoring quality assurance procedures through chart review, facilitating peer review and related activities to ensure quality of services, and overseeing charting and documentation at the necessary Medi-Cal and County standards;
o Providing on-going supervision as well as crisis intervention consultation;
o Enhancing clinical skills of staff through supervision, coordinating training opportunities including in-service training; and
o Assisting with recruitment, hiring and training of new staff and coordination of new services.
• Attend relevant meetings, trainings, events, and conferences; and
• Other related duties as assigned by the Clinical Services Manager.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications (ALL APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS):
• License in Clinical Social Work or Marriage Family Therapy;
• A minimum of 4 years clinical experience in the community, including at least 2 years supervision experience;
• Completion of required Clinical Supervision Certification per BBS;
• Strong understanding and background in providing services for LA County DMH contracts;
• Experience in program planning, program development and implementation, and program evaluation;
• Knowledge and/or experience in working with underserved communities;
• Knowledge and/or experience working with adolescents and families from various socio-economic and cultural backgrounds;
• Strong interpersonal, organization, and written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to work collaboratively with others and a willingness to participate fully in the team process;
• Strong commitment to working with a multicultural community;
• Ability to organize and prepare documentation in a timely manner;
• Possess initiative, flexibility and the ability to work under pressure and without direct supervision;
• Demonstrable working knowledge of the use and operation of personal computers;
• Proof of passing a TB test and Live Scan fingerprint clearance;
• Valid California Driver’s License, proof of auto insurance; access to personal vehicle and proof of eligibility to work in the United States; and
• Physical requirements: Seeing to inspect the field and written documents; ability to communicate with KYCC staff, affiliates, clients and public; sitting for extended periods of time; and dexterity of hands and fingers to operate office equipment.
• Certification in CPR (Child & Adult) and First Aid training; and
• Bilingual capacity (English/Korean or English/Spanish).
KYCC is an E-Verify employer.
Mail, FAX, e-mail COVER LETTER and RESUME to: Koreatown Youth & Community Center, Inc., ATTN: Personnel 3727 West 6th Street, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90020 FAX: 213-927-0017 E-mail: Personnel@kyccla.org ** Specify position title when applying ** ** No phone calls or visits, please **