Manager, Community and Parent Engagement
Green Dot Public Schools (www.greendot.org), the leading public charter schools operator in Los Angeles and an important catalyst for education reform in the State of California, is looking for a manager of Community and Parent Engagement to coordinate student recruitment, parent education, and community involvement efforts.
The salary for this position will be between $60,000 and $80,000, based upon experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage student recruitment practices for Green Dot schools
o Define and develop student recruitment recommended practices (processes and tools)
o Work with schools sites to implement of recommended practices
o Maintain data systems to support student recruitment and enrollment
* Form a community of practice with parent coordinators at Green Dot school sites
o Assist home office operations department and parent coordinators in codifying school site practices
o Work with other home office departments to create training and professional development programs for parent coordinators
o Develop tools, systems and processes to help parent coordinators better reach parents
* Develop outreach collateral for student recruitment and community campaigns
o Develop multi-media (websites, radio ads, tv ads, dvd’s) and print materials (brochures, flyers, etc.) to support outreach
* Execute community outreach campaigns (for student recruitment and new school openings) and manage grassroots outreach
o Manage a team of community organizers
o Train and develop organizers on messaging and community outreach
o Track effectiveness of community outreach activities and results
o Plan and execute grassroots events
o Maintain contact management database
REQUIRES KNOWLEDGE OF:
* MS Office products such as MS PowerPoint, Publisher, Word and Excel.
* Knowledge of community organizing, outreach and advocacy, grassroots marketing and/or political campaigns
* Bi-literate in Spanish a plus
REQUIRES ABILITY TO:
* Work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse “start-up” and environment.
* Communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written forums
* Interact effectively with others using excellent interpersonal skills (excellent customer service orientation)
* Handle a variety of tasks. Set priorities to successfully complete them.
* Complete assigned tasks and projects in a timely and effective manner.
* Exercise discretion in the dissemination of information.
At least 5 years experience in organizing, grassroots marketing or public relations, and have experience managing diverse teams and community organizing campaigns
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor’s degree in required (graduate degree a plus) in Political Science or Education
* All candidates must pass drug screening and background checks.
Salary range: $65k - 75k
We require all candidates to complete an online application at https://edzapp.com/applicant/LoginPrivate.aspx?OriginCode=22768
First time Green Dot applicants:
* “Register” at the link above, and check the Position of “Professional Executive”. You may check more than one Position, but be sure that “Professional Executive” is one of those that you check.
* Once you submit your registration, follow the instructions that appear on your screen for the role of Professional Executive.