CENTINELA YOUTH SERVICES (CYS), INC.
Juvenile Case Manager Position
The mission of Centinela Youth Services (CYS) is to strengthen families and communities by
empowering youth to resolve conflicts and overcome obstacles in order to become successful students
and contributing adults. Centinela Youth Services (CYS) is a 501c3 non-profit, restorative justice
organization established in 1975 to provide mediation and conflict resolution services to at-risk youth.
This position will be assigned to The Everychild Restorative Justice Center (The Everychild Center),
which is co-located at the South Bay One-Stop Business & Career Center in Inglewood. The Every child Center is a new service established by CYS to provide evidence-based mediation services linked to intensive case management and wraparound community-based services to significantly reduce the number of teens attached to the Inglewood Juvenile Court and other agencies in the L.A. County juvenile justice system.
Salary & Benefits: This is a part-time position (up to 30 hours/week) paying an hourly wage from $17.38 to $21.84.
Minimum Qualifications: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in social work, counseling, sociology,
psychology or closely related field AND two years of case management experience in social work
and/or juvenile justice or a closely related field. Additionally, strong interpersonal skills and an ability
to communicate effectively with youth of all cultural and socio-economic backgrounds is required as
well as analytical, teamwork and computer skills in MS Word and Excel. Must have reliable
transportation, auto insurance and a valid California Driver’s License.
• Coordinate with juvenile justice agencies for referral of cases from courts, district attorneys, local
law enforcement, probation and school discipline;
• Conduct in-depth assessments with youth and families to determine participant needs, strengths and
risk factors including educational needs; probationary needs; and healthcare, welfare and mental
• Monitor participants to ensure compliance with court orders that may include curfew, community
service or special classes;
• Refer participants to service providers for social and developmental services such as victim/offender
and family mediation, mental health treatment and/or counseling, education rights assistance,
academic assistance, life skills, and vocational/job training;
• Maintain regular contact with providers to monitor progress;
• Make home and school visitations as needed;
• Assist with the development of effective assessment and case management procedures and systems;
• Maintain accurate case files; collect and report data as needed for reports and evaluation;
• Participate in staff training and partner meetings; and
• Other duties as assigned.
Filing Date: Recruitment for this position will end upon receipt of sufficient qualified applications. For
consideration, please e-mail your resume to Whitney Cole at email@example.com. Only those
applicants with the most relevant qualifications and knowledge will be invited to participate in the oral