Clinical Consultant - Campion Mental Health Center
Position: Clinician/Clinical Consultant for the Access Center and Samoshel, two projects of OPCC (formerly Ocean Park Community Center)
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
Reports to: Project Director, Campion Mental Health Center
Salary: Commensurate with experience; excellent benefits
• Provide a wide range of clinical services and consultation to staff and clients at two of OPCC’s projects, the Access Center and Samoshel, which include evaluation, assessment and treatment of homeless mentally ill adults with co-occurring substance addiction.
• When on-site at the Access Center and Samoshel, the clinician/clinical consultant will report to and work with the Project Director.
• Provide crisis intervention as needed.
• Provide clinical consultation to case management staff.
• Develop and provide ongoing in-service training for staff.
• Provide staff consultations as needed.
• Attend weekly staff and case consultation meetings, and monthly in-service trainings at Campion Mental Health Center.
• Attend staff meetings at the two projects as needed.
• Provide clinical supervision/precepting to social work intern(s).
• MSW required, LCSW preferred.
• Experience and comfort in working with a long term homeless population including mentally ill adults with co-occurring substance addiction; knowledge of the DSM-IV and diagnostic skills.
• Experience and familiarity with evaluation, assessment and treatment of substance abuse, along with a thorough knowledge of issues related to chemical dependency.
• Crisis intervention experience.
• Experience and understanding of an advocacy/case management/empowerment model of client support.
• Experience in facilitating various support groups, including parenting and life skills groups.
• Experience in working in a community based and/or residential setting.
• Experience teaching, training or presenting on mental health issues.
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• In good standing with the Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Please email cover letter and resume with salary requirements to:
Steve Deitelbaum, Project Director: firstname.lastname@example.org