MST THERAPIST (Multisystemic Therapy)
(Monday – Friday Schedule 24/7 On-Call)
LOCATION: Child and Family Guidance Center, Van Nuys, San Fernando Valley
Email resumes to MST Program Coordinator, Francisco J. Lozornio, MSW, email@example.com
The MST Therapist will provide intensive, in home mental health therapy, support and crisis intervention to adjudicated youth and their families. The MST therapist uses evidenced based clinical practices in an intensive, clinical in home setting.
Field work comprises majority of the therapist’s time but additional administrative requirements and supervision are an equally important component of the position. MST therapists are clinically trained in MST and carry a small caseload of approximately five to six families.
• Provide intensive in home mental health treatment, support and crisis intervention to adjudicated youth and their families.
• Conduct MST assessments and adhere to an evidenced based clinical program protocol and complete required MST trainings.
• Complete all required DMH documentation.
• Design cognitive behavioral interventions for youth and families.
• Attend court appearances and work closely with department of probation to prevent probation violations.
• Prepare court reports and complete all required MST paperwork.
• Must posses a strong desire to work with families in the community and conduct family and caregiver sessions.
• Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills are essential and the
capacity to work under program deadlines and demonstrate strong clinical practice and skills.
• Participate in approx 4 hours of supervision on a weekly basis (group supervision, individual and MST case consultation and trainings.)
MUST BE BILINGUAL ENGLISH / SPANISH
1) M.A.; M.S.W.; LCSW. Degree must be eligible for registration with Board of Behavioral Sciences. Must be eligible to receive “waivered” status from the Department of Mental Health.
2) Experience relevant to working with children and families.
3) Strong assessment and clinical judgment skills.
4) Must demonstrate knowledge of evidence-based child and family clinical interventions relevant to families served in community mental health settings.
5) Must develop reasonable, appropriate treatment plans and clinical programs to meet the needs of the clients served.
6) Must apply feedback to improve performance and monitor own work to ensure quality.
The Child and Family Guidance Center is a leading mental health service provider in Los Angeles County providing services to children, adolescents, and their families. The Center currently employs approximately 400 employees and is seeking to add qualified staff to our Van Nuys location. The Center is proud to offer an excellent salary and benefit package. Generous vacation and sick leave policies, 10 paid holidays, 5 days paid professional leave, medical insurance (PacifiCare PPO, PacifiCare HMO, or Kaiser), paid dental, Section 125 Flex Spending tax savings, 401(k) with 50% match, life insurance up to $500,000, long term care, professional membership dues reimbursement, educational assistance up to $1,000 annually. The Child and Family Guidance Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.