JOB TITLE: Social Worker/Counselor
STATUS: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
STARTING SALARY: $3500/mo. and up DOE
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
Project Description: Delinquency prevention/intervention program for adolescent and teen youth and their families.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Conduct detailed intake assessment and develop case plan.
2) Provide individual, family and group counseling.
3) Provide crisis intervention as needed.
4) Provide advocacy and liaison services with schools, probation, DCFS, courts, etc.
5) Develop and maintain collaborative and linkage agency relationships.
6) Provide referral and follow-up for other needed services.
7) Maintain accurate and up-to-date record of all participant contacts.
8) Prepare and submit all required reports in a timely manner.
9) Represent agency at community and other meetings as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
1) MSW or other masters degree in the social sciences required.
2) Bilingual in spanish and english a plus.
3) Valid California Driver’s license, reliable transportation, auto insurance, and insurable driving record.
4) Strong oral and written communication skills.
5) Proficient in MS Office computer software
6) Minimum of two years experience providing direct counseling or therapy to multicultural and socioeconomically diverse teens and families especially in the areas of gang association, violence prevention, and life skills development.
7) Ability to work equally well as a team member or independently.
8) Creativity and strong commitment to the well-being of children and families a must.
9) Must pass background check.
People Who Care Youth Center is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to hiring practices in accordance with Federal and State regulations
Mail, fax or email resume to: People Who Care Youth Center, 1500 W. Slauson Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90047; (fax) (323) 778-9060; firstname.lastname@example.org.