Full-time position under the direction of the Regional Director of Early Childhood
Mental Health for SPA 4.
• Provide therapy for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers and their families in
the field. Training in Parent Child Interaction Therapy and/or Child Parent
Psychotherapy a plus.
• Provide group therapy for parents and young children. Training in
Incredible Years and/or Dina Dinosaur Social Skills a plus.
• If licensed, may supervise interns in APA-accredited predoctoral training
• If licensed, may supervise unlicensed staff
• This position travels between multiple sites in own car.
• Masters or doctoral degree in social work, psychology or related field and
advanced knowledge of child development.
• License preferred but not required.
• A minimum of 2 years experience working with young children.
• Experience with assessment of young children’s social and emotional
• Experience with dyadic and family therapy. Training in above-referenced
• Bilingual Spanish required to work with predominately monolingual
Spanish speaking families.
• Strong organizational, written, communication and teamwork skills.
• Ability to maintain a calm demeanor while handling multiple tasks.
• Valid California Driver’s license, CA auto insurance and a safety record
acceptable to CII’s insurance carrier are required.
• The successful applicant must also complete a test for TB prior to
beginning work, and fingerprint clearance by the Department of Justice.
For more information, please contact:
Andrea Lockhart, Ph.D.
Regional Director, Early Childhood Mental Health
Children’s Institute, Inc.