POSITION: MENTAL HEALTH COORDINATOR
SALARY: $4,056.00 - $5,733.00 per month PLUS benefits
REPORTS TO: Director of Programs
WORK LOCATION: Administration office and all Head Start/State Preschool & Early Head Start facilities
DEADLINE FOR FILING: August 12, 2011 or until position is filled
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Must have a valid license in Psychology, Clinical Social Worker or Marriage and Family Therapy.
· Must have 5 – 10 years experience working with diverse populations
· Must have 5 – 10 years experience working with children ages 0 – 5 years
· Must have knowledge in parent, family and parent-child relationships’ Diagnosis and intervention; risk and Resiliency; Observation, screening and assessment; infant, toddler and preschool development and biological factors.
· Must have 5 plus years of experience supervising
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct Supervision of the Director of Programs, the Mental Health Coordinator will assists all children participating in the program in emotional, cognitive and social development toward the overall goal of social competence in coordination with the education program and other related department activities. Provide the children/families with the necessary Mental Health Services included but not limited to:
· Provide short-term counseling to parents and child(ren)
· Work directly with preschool/Infant & toddler children in the classroom
· Facilitate parent trainings on mental health issues
· Provide prevention and early intervention, identification
· Other duties as assigned
The Mental Health Coordinator will work in a cohesive environment with Plaza staff by:
· Establish collaboration with Universities for internships
· Establish Memorandums of understanding with local agencies
· Conduct overall classroom mental health observations
· Supervision of Mental Health Specialist to ensure all task under this individuals responsibility are completed
· Management of Mental Health Services
· Participate in Case Management, Multi-disciplinary team and additional meetings as needed
· Submission of monthly reports to immediate supervisor
· Provide weekly reports of services rendered to the Mental Health Coordinator
· Projection of activities report via email to supervisor
· Meet all deadlines as designated by the Grantee and/or Plaza
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
· Provide training and technical assistance to agency staff
· Other duties as assigned
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Medical Examination: Must submit a medical examination demonstrating capability to perform type of work required; must submit a tuberculin skin test or chest x-ray.
Eligibility to Work: All potential employees will be asked to present supporting documents establishing proof of identity and employment eligibility upon completing the I-9 form.
Fingerprints: All potential employees will be subject to fingerprints by the State and FBI clearance, and child abuse index check prior to starting work.
Special Requirement: Possession of a valid California driver’s license; access to automobile with adequate insurance coverage as required by law.
Failure to meet medical standards and/or criminal record
clearance may result in withdrawal of job appointment.
In order to be considered a candidate for this position, please contact Susana Ramos at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form, or, you may apply directly at the following location:
Plaza de la Raza Child Development Services, Inc.
8337 Telegraph Road, Suite 300
Pico Rivera, California 90660
Please attach your resume, copies of permits/license, and transcripts to the application form.
Optional – recommendation or reference letters, or experience verification letters.