Title: HIV/AIDS Social Worker
Department: Social Services
The Actors’ Fund is a national human services organization that assists performing arts and entertainment professionals. The Fund offers a broad spectrum of programs including; comprehensive social services and emergency financial assistance, health services, employment and training as well as supportive and affordable housing JOB DESCRIPTION
- Provides intensive clinical case management services to HIV/AIDS Initiative clients, their families and significant others. Essential duties include mental health assessments and referrals, crisis intervention, counseling, evaluation and advocacy for financial assistance from outside sources and information and referral for community resources.
- Assess eligibility for and administer agency financial assistance to clients.
- Conducts home and hospital visits as needed.
- Develops and facilitates groups and/or seminars on related topics
- Additional duties may include special projects such as resource development, training, supervision of a graduate social work intern.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, candidates should have a solid understanding of HIV/AIDS related issues and concerns and experience in providing strong case management and advocacy skills. Experience with dual diagnosis clients helpful. Masters Degree from an accredited
FAX RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Russell Kieffer, LCSW
Supervisor – HIV/AIDS Initiative Western Region
The Actors Fund