asian pacific aids intervention team
a division of Special service for groups
FLSA: Non-Exempt Supervisor: Nick Truong
The Mental Health Specialist will be working under the direct supervision of Care Service Program Manager and Clinical Supervisor to provide Mental Health Support to HIV positive and AIDS diagnosed to the Asian Pacific Islanders surrounding Mental Health treatment and HIV/AIDS. The candidate will also be knowledgeable about interventions for both individual and group level counseling as well as HIV pathogenesis and immunology, early intervention with anti retrovirals, adherence and compliance to prescribed medication protocol, side effects management, drug and treatment access, clinical trials and various forms of self care maintenance.
1) Conduct client intake into mental health program services.
2) Provide paraprofessional individual counseling and group support under the direction of a professional counselor.
3) Conduct weekly drop-in socialization-model psychosocial treatment activities.
4) Collect data and information, maintain client files, and write monthly reports according to program guidelines and contract requirements
5) Provide paraprofessional emotional support to clients as needed.
6) Educate and promote the availability of psychosocial services to prospective clients.
7) Provide necessary program documentation, including the completion of reports, administration of evaluation tools, and other program related assignments.
8) Attend Unit, Case Conferences, Agency and Community meetings
9) Other activities as required to conduct program and agency objectives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS- Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
1. Relevant community health outreach training
2. Experience and knowledge of MS Access and Outlook Software
3. Bilingual in an Asian Language ( Thai, Chinese, Japanese)
4. Knowledge of Asian and Pacific Islander Communities
5. Knowledge of behavior change interventions
6. Excellent writing skills
7.. Four (4) year college degree with emphasis on Public Health related courses
- The incumbent in this position does not have formal supervisory responsibilities
- Ergonomically safe office environment with desktop computer, desk, chair, natural light from windows
- Occasional outreach at community festivals, conferences, nightclubs, massage parlors, and other outreach venues that target population frequents. Must be comfortable with environmental conditions at the outreach locations, such as noise level, aggressive patrons, substance use,
- In the course of performing this job, the incumbent typically spends time sitting, standing, walking, frequent driving, carrying (max.20lbs), lifting (max. 20lbs), listening, and speaking.
1. The incumbent in this position must be able to accommodate to any/all of the following: constant
Distractions, interruptions; uncontrollable changes in priorities/work schedules; and availability for on call/duty after regular working hours, and exposure to inappropriate behavior and language of others
Submit Resume to: Nick Truong, Care Service Program Manager
By Fax: (213) 553-1833 or By E-mail: email@example.com