TITLE: Volunteer Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Policy & Planning
Classification Standards: Under the direction of the Director of Policy & Planning, the Volunteer Coordinator is primarily responsible for recruiting, training, scheduling and supervising volunteers needed for the 2009 Homeless Count.
Position Term: Funding for the position is available for the period from July 1, 2008 through January 31, 2009.
Minimum Qualifications: The position requires knowledge of effective outreach and organizational strategies for volunteers, and legal aspects of operating a volunteer program.
The incumbent will be expected to:
· Develop recruitment and selection procedures based on program needs.
· Communicate in a friendly and informative manner with people from a wide variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds and lifestyles.
· Make effective presentations to various groups and organizations – public and private – to solicit volunteers.
· Work independently and possess strong time management skills.
· Supervise, motivate, train and schedule volunteers.
Training and Experience: One year or more of full time experience as a volunteer coordinator. Equivalent to a Bachelors degree in social services, marketing, business, public policy, or a related field is preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Consult with senior management and planning staff to determine organization needs for various volunteer services and plan for volunteer recruitment.
- Attend and participate in community meetings to recruit interested parties for volunteer service.
- Screen, and refer applicants to appropriate regional units.
- Arrange for required training and supervision of volunteers, including preparation of procedural and training manuals.
- Maintain a database of volunteer workers and hours of work; prepare and present reports to management; recommend necessary changes or adjustments to the volunteer program.
- Plan, assign and direct the work of volunteers.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
More position announcements at http://www.lahsa.org/jobs.asp