POSITION: SOCIAL WORKER, MSW (Temporary Two-Year
Offices ( Long Beach , Los Angeles )
SALARY:$41,897 - $57,769/DOE, excellent benefits
Continuous until position is filled
Aid Foundation of Los Angeles
(LAFLA) is largest law firm for low-income people in California and is currently accepting applications for the position of Social Worker.
Organization: LAFLA (www.LAFLA.org) consists of
approximately 150 employees, and over 60 attorneys. The program has an annual
operating budget of more than fourteen million dollars, and operates six
neighborhood offices and four court-based offices.
· Masters Degree in Social Work;
· Dedication to helping survivors of domestic violence in their quest for justice and self-sufficieny;
* Excellent organizational, cross-cultural communication skills;
advocacy or academic experience in family and/or immigration law preferred; and
* Bilingual; Spanish, Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese or Khmer preferred.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
· Ability to work with survivors of domestic violence;
· Supervise social work students in the provision of services to domestic violence survivors;
· Interview clients and assess legal,
social, medical, psychological and other needs to assist them to better navigate the legal process;
· Provide support to clients' psychosocial needs, parenting needs, life skills and job development, and assist in the creation of plans to help the survivor become more independent and stable. Coordinate counseling, medical and mental health treatment, housing, education, job-training, and other social
· Coordinate and conduct support
groups, provide counseling and emotional support to survivors to help them
maintain relative stability while they process their legal cases and pursue
other remedies and benefits;
· Verify initial and/or on-going eligibility with the Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) and communicating with DPSS staff regarding eligibility and progress;
· Assist survivors recount their
experiences to complete applications for family law, immigration, and other
forms of relief and prepare testimony while providing support to
· Coordinate communication with and
advocate on behalf of clients to law enforcement, government agencies, social
service agencies, educational institutions, medical and legal professionals, and
others to help clients understand and navigate the legal
HOW TO APPLY- Please submit a resume to Diane
Talamantez, Human Resources, Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles, 1102 S.
Crenshaw Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90019 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When the final hiring decision has been made, all applicants will be
PROBATIONARY PERIOD- A nine months probationary
period will be required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination
because of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual
orientation, mental or physical disability.