PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the direction of the Clinical Services Coordinator, the Case Manager provides intensive case management and crisis intervention to survivors of human trafficking and modern day slavery. The Case Manager must excel at client-centered advocacy, managing competing priorities, and facilitating access to services for clients. This highly responsible position contributes to social services policy formation and long-range program planning, and assists in developing and maintaining relationships with community partners who will accept referrals of CAST clients for services. This position requires advanced project management expertise, independent decision making ability, and excellent interpersonal and team building skills. Also involves extensive travel throughout Los Angeles County developing partners and providing services to trafficking survivors in the Los Angeles region. Full-time, exempt position.
The Case Manager position is contingent on the continuation of funding and the consistent enrollment of Clients in the CAST Client Services program. As such, this position will be reviewed for continuation on a quarterly bases to ensure appropriate funding levels and enrollments.
Case Management: Manage and perform on-going assessments and service planning with clients. Provide crisis intervention and supportive counseling. Coordinate, drive and accompany clients to health, mental health, legal, employment, education, criminal/civil case, and DPSS appointments. Assess and distribute emergency funds and resources to clients. Manage case files and detailed progress notes. Participate in initial screening and assessment of new referrals. Provide oncall support for shelter program.
Client Advocacy: Ensure that client rights and needs are protected at the local service delivery level. Identify barriers to services and advocate for higher quality of services with outside service organizations. Advocate for culturally and linguistically appropriate services for clients.
Budget Management: Manage funds for client services. Monitor resource needs, assure ongoing access to resources by setting monthly allocations for limited resources and accessing more resources as needed. Monitor and allocate grant funds available for client services. Participate in preparing ongoing progress reports and final reports to grant making organizations.
Model Development: Identify and develop new tools to be used in the planning and implementation of case management services. Develop new protocols related to direct client services to be used by the Social Services Program. Evaluate and revise case management model as needed with Social Services Team. Assist in development of strategic planning and resource development to ensure the ongoing availability of services to trafficked survivors.
Additional Duties: Work closely with the Social Services Team in strategic development and meeting the goals and objectives of the program. Work with the Training and Advocacy Team to develop and deliver technical assistance on CAST’s Case Management Model at related conferences and workshops throughout California and the country. Contribute to the professional tone and approach of the organization within the perimeters of the agency mission and philosophy. Other duties as identified and assigned.
1. B.A. or M.A. (preferred) in relevant field. Extensive experience and demonstrated skills and aptitude considered in lieu of education.
2. Bilingual (English/Spanish, Korean, Thai preferred). Demonstrated sensitivity to and knowledge of issues involved in working with diverse populations and organizations.
3. Demonstrated experience in case management and/or providing direct services to clients, preferably in a community-based organization.
4. Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision. Strong assessment skills to determine client needs.
5. Knowledge of issues related to providing services to immigrants, survivors of human trafficking, human rights and violence against women, including knowledge of the service delivery system in Los Angeles and the regulations governing public and private benefits as well as Federal benefits available to trafficking survivors. Knowledge of multidisciplinary and multicultural approaches.
6. Ability to deliver oral presentations to diverse professionals and audiences, including workshops and presentations on the CAST Case Management Model.
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience in group facilitation.
8. Ability to recognize and identify resources of value to trafficking survivors and organizations providing services to trafficking survivors. Ability to synthesize information to ensure usefulness to the Case Management Team.
9. Must be organized, flexible, and multi-task oriented. Able to identify and respond to shifting priorities. A self-starter that can work within a team environment and handle a variety of tasks with urgent deadlines. Must be detail oriented.
10. Ability to maintain cooperative and professional demeanor with CAST staff, board, volunteers, vendors, consultants, allied professionals, and members of the public. Enjoyment in interacting with people and creating an accessible environment. Capacity to work in a fast-paced program and manage multi-faceted services.
11. Accept and abide by mission and philosophy of CAST. Willingness to complete a CAST Freedom Network Institute on Human Trafficking training.
12. Availability to travel extensively throughout the Los Angeles region, with some statewide and national presentations involving overnights and weekends. Have a car, insurance and a valid driver’s license.
13. Physical demands are typical for an office environment including sitting, reaching, handling, speaking, hearing, and seeing. Reasonable accommodations will be made.
Candidates must have work authorization in the United States.
CAST is an equal opportunity employer.
Reports to: Social Services Director
Salary Range: 35K-38K
Schedule: M-F 9am-6pm with occasional evening and weekend hours
How to Apply:
Remitt resume (word, txt formats) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enter Case Manager in the subject line. No phone calls please.