Partnership for Los Angeles School’s Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Associate
The Partnership for Los Angeles School’s is looking for a Family and Community Engagement Associate who will work on a wide range of programs and activities with families and community organizations within Los Angeles, particularly in the South LA/Watts areas. She or he will be part of the Family and Community Engagement team, and will work closely with the Director of Family and Community Engagement, other team members, school administration and school personnel to implement family programs, maintain and monitor family engagement participation and build relationships with parents and the surrounding community. The Family and Community Engagement Associate reports directly to the Director of the FACE Department.
The primary role of the Family and Community Engagement Associate will be to help develop, maintain and encourage family engagement in all of its forms at the various Partnership school sites throughout Los Angeles, but namely in the South Los Angeles/Watts area. The Associate will also help develop and maintain the networks of individuals and organizations necessary for the success of the Family and Community Engagement programs. Key elements of these networks will include parents, teachers, principals, school staff, community representatives from various community organizations, City of Los Angeles staff etc. Position will also require some administrative work.
* History of working in social service field and/or community organizing field and/or education field within underserved communities in Los Angeles
* Able to communicate effectively in person and in writing with a wide range of people.
* Genuinely likes and gets along with a wide range of people
*Understands how to empower people to work together for the good of the community
*Makes effective use of computers
* Effective phone manner
* Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish as well as English highly recommended
* Presentable appearance
* Sensitivity to racial, ethnic and class differences as well as other differences among people they work with
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team
* Positive attitude about the potential of all sorts of people
* Education, community organizing, or social service experience
* College degree not required but relevant college work will be noted
* Knowledge of Los Angeles, its people, and the surrounding area
Compensation is competitive, including benefits, and will be based on skills and experience.
Interested parties should submit a resume and letter of interest to:
Ryan Smith, Director of Community and Family Engagement
Partnership for Los Angeles Schools
200 N Spring St, Rm 303
Los Angeles, CA 90012
The Partnership for Los Angeles Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All are encouraged to apply.