FIELD EDUCATION CONSULTANT/LIAISON
APPLICATION DEADLINE September 30
POSITION: Seeking a full time Field Education Consultant for our innovative UCLA/DCFS intern unit for first year MSW students preparing for a career in public child welfare. The position is funded by a Federal Title IV-E Training Grant awarded to the UCLA Department
of Social Welfare’s Center on Child Welfare/ Inter-University Consortium (IUC).
The mission of the Department of Social Welfare is to train the next generation of practitioners and leaders in the field, to lead in the development of knowledge for the social work profession and to strengthen social institutions and services in Los Angeles and beyond.
As a Field Faculty member of the Department of Social Welfare, the IUC Field Education Consultant/Liaison will contribute to the Department’s Mission by promoting innovative practice in the field of child welfare by integrating theory and practice through classroom teaching, providing ongoing direct case consultation and co-supervision with the DCFS Field Instructor, contributing to the ongoing review and updating of curriculum through active participation on designated faculty committees and through guidance of the IUC students through the MSW educational process .
(1) MSW required; LCSW strongly preferred.
(2) Minimum of five years experience in a public or private child welfare agency providing direct work with children, adolescents and families or direct clinical work assessing and providing mental health services to dependent and or neglected children, adolescents and families in a community mental health center, child mental health clinic, or family service agency.
(3) Prior experience as a Field Instructor and teaching graduate level students is also strongly preferred with an emphasis on micro practice.
(4) Knowledge of individual, family and group work modalities.
(5) Knowledge of both public and private child-related community resources.
(6) Excellent written and oral communication skills.
(7) Excellent administrative, collaborative, interpersonal and organizational skills.
(8) Demonstrated experience with and commitment to culturally competent social work practice.
SALARY: Determined by experience and qualifications
CLOSING DATE: September 30, 2009
E-Mail CV to: Selena Lu-Witt, Administrative Analyst, UCLA Center on Child Welfare at: email@example.com
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer