Righteous Persons Foundation
Position: Program Officer
Location: Los Angeles, CA
The Righteous Persons Foundation is dedicated to supporting efforts that build a vibrant, just and inclusive Jewish community in the United States. The Program Officer manages the day-to-day grantmaking process for the Foundation, reporting to the Associate Director and Executive Director.
Major Responsibilities include:
• Screening and conducting due diligence of all applicants: review Letters of Inquiry, initiate dialogue, conduct interviews and when appropriate site visits, and collect all relevant information necessary for a thorough review of grant proposals;
• Scanning the field of Jewish life in the United States to proactively identify promising applicants;
• Evaluating invited grant proposals, analyzing the organization’s mission and strategy, future plans and goals, financial data, outcome assessment, and other relevant information;
• Communicating with applicants on a timely and effective basis;
• Contributing to preparation of all Board materials;
• Managing relations with awarded grantees, regularly monitoring progress and performance;
• Developing quarterly reports and additional reports for the Foundation; and,
• Performing administrative duties essential to carrying out the Foundation’s work.
Qualifications: Qualified applicants will have at least a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of relevant work experience. In addition, the ideal candidate possesses the following skills:
• Demonstrated commitment to the Foundation’s mission and vision;
• Track-record of work performed with the highest standards of quality and excellence;
• Strong analytical skills, including comfort reviewing organizational financials;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
• Experience working in the non-profit sector, preferred;
• Superior proficiency in use of office technologies as well as comfort learning new database management tools; and
• Self-starter with the ability both to innovate and also adapt.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision and long-term disability provided. Generous vacation policy. Salary: Commensurate with Experience Posting Expiration Date: 4/12/2010 How to Apply Application Instructions: To Apply: Please submit the following
• Cover Letter
Email Application: email@example.com
Subject of email: Program Officer Position
Please understand that due to the volume of submissions, only qualified applicants will be contacted.