FAMILY AND COMMUNITY SERVICES DIRECTOR
VENICE COMMUNITY HOUSING CORPORATION
The Venice Community Housing Corporation (VCHC) is a community based, nonprofit organization engaged in a variety of housing and community development programs. VCHC owns and manages 195 units of affordable housing including a 32-bed transitional housing facility for homeless women and their children. VCHC also provides a variety of services including support services for nearly 500 low income people, including over 100 of whom who were previously homeless; job training and education assistance for at risk youth; free home repairs for low income, disabled or elderly homeowners; and after school programs at Mark Twain Middle school and at two of VCHC’s apartment buildings.
VCHC is looking for a dynamic, mission-driven person interested in community-based social service and economic development. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Family and Community Services Director (FCSD) will perform the following:
• Develop and supervise the delivery of all of VCHC’s social service programs and provide leadership for the department.
• Work in conjunction with the Director of Housing & Asset Management to coordinate resident services programs.
• Directly supervise a staff of six and up to three graduate interns at several work sites.
• Responsible for the application, renewal, and reporting of government service contracts.
• Develop and monitor program budgets and ensure that all program requirements are satisfied.
• Design effective tools for evaluation and improvement of all VCHC’s programs.
• Serve as a liaison to various community stakeholders, including VCHC’s Board of Directors, service partners, and both public and private sectors.
• Identify and secure other funding and resources for program development with the assistance of the Development Department.
• Collaborate with the Executive Director to evaluate current program effectiveness and identify opportunities for program enhancement.
• Other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
MSW or equivalent and Program Management experience required. Candidate must have at LEAST five years experience providing management within a social service environment. Specific knowledge of government benefits programs and experience with program design, implementation, and collaborating with traditional and nontraditional service providers required. Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred. A valid California Drivers License and proof of insurance is required. Excellent communication skills and be able to work well with all levels of staff, and community partners. Candidate must be computer literate.
$60,000-$65,000 annually depending on experience and qualifications plus benefits including medical, dental, vacation, sick time, 12 holidays and 2 personal days. This is an exempt position.
Please email your resume with a cover letter describing your qualifications to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fax your resume to (310) 399-1130 or mail it to Venice Community Housing Corporation, 720 Rose Avenue, Venice, CA 90291. NO PHONE CALLS.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – MINORITIES,
WOMEN AND THE DISABLED ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY