YouthBuild Program Case Manager
VCHC YouthBuild is a full time comprehensive job training, education and leadership development program for at-risk young adults, ages 16-24 in the Westside areas of
· Provide intensive case management to 15-30 youth, and have primary responsibility for documenting case management using the Department of Labor MIS database.
· Develop and refer youth to additional resources and services as needed.
· Meet with youth weekly, conduct intake assessments, assist with goal setting and life/career plans and follow up assessments while maintaining case files.
· Facilitate or organize group support sessions, assist with planning and implementation of leadership development, recreational, community service and other activities.
· Teach a life skills and job readiness curriculum daily, to a group of approximately 15 students. Life skills instruction includes, but is not limited to, conflict resolution, anger management, leadership, urban living skills, personal finance, goal setting, parenting and job readiness.
· Coordinate efforts with other members of the YouthBuild team, including the classroom teacher, construction trainer, job developer, program coordinator/manager and program director.
· Identify and prepare youth for post graduation placements, and track students post graduation.
· Assist youth with legal issues and advocate on behalf of youth with probation, parole and in court.
· Attend weekly YouthBuild staff meetings, biweekly clinical case review sessions and all agency-sponsored professional development opportunities.
· Bachelor's degree in social services or related field; MSW strongly preferred. At least 3 years experience may be substituted for degree.
· At least three years experience working with at-risk youth or other disadvantaged youth/adults in crisis intervention and case management; experience with YouthBuild strongly preferred
· Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, computer literacy (PC)
· Demonstrated group work experience including life skills and job preparation instruction;
· Commitment to working with disadvantaged youth and people from diverse backgrounds.
· Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with youth while also setting clear boundaries;
· Commitment to working closely as a team player with YouthBuild staff;
· Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and follow up with participants in a timely manner.
· Driver's License and Insurance
$35,000-$40,000 annually depending on experience and qualifications plus benefits including medical, dental, vacation, sick time, 12 holidays and 2 personal days.
Please email your resume with a cover letter describing your qualifications to the Director of Operations at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send attachments. Paste your cover letter and resume into the body of the email. You can also fax your resume to (310) 399-1130 or mail it to Venice Community Housing Corporation,