General Responsibilities: As a member of the PROTOTYPES Second Steps Program, and under the supervision of the Program Director, Case Manager will provide direct services, education, information and referrals.
· Create contracts management system to monitor data and reporting of STAR House Program
· Audit and organize charts to comply with grant requirements.
· Conduct initial client assessment and intake.
· Monitor support services, information and referrals.
· Recommend interventions and/ or referrals as appropriate, based on client needs.
· Provide service assessments: prioritizing client needs. Service Plan: develop goals and timeline to achieve goals with client. Client Advocacy: phone calls, coordination of services on behalf of the clients. Reassess and revise service plan as needed; and follow-up with clients to assess for additional services (i.e. legal assistance).
· Co-facilitate and/ or conduct open groups, structured closed groups and individual counseling to residents.
· Provide direct services and transportation based on client needs.
· Provide substance abuse counseling, support services, information and referrals.
· Maintain network of mental health, health, social service substance abuse and domestic violence referrals.
· Document information on each client, maintain written records and reports.
· Assist the program in developing and documenting culturally sensitive understanding of the target population.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelor degree from a four-year college or university and/or a minimum of 5 years experience as a community worker. Must have familiarity with the needs of the target population. Willingness to work evenings and weekends. Good writing and verbal communication skills. Knowledge and respect of all confidentiality issues. Must also have a dependable automobile with valid driver’s license and current insurance. Bilingual/Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply.
Submit Resume and cover letter to: Jennifer Chen Speckman, LCSW (323) 481-4119
Also Inquire about various on-call and hourly positions
PROTOTYPES is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer.
PROTOTYPES is a non-smoking work environment.