JOB DESCRIPTION – Social Worker (Service Coordinator)
SUMMARY: The Service Coordinator provides case management services for adults
with psychiatric disabilities to improve their quality of life by achieving their highest level of functioning.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to the following:
· Make comprehensive ongoing evaluations of level of functioning, support network, adequacy of living arrangements, financial status, physical health, level of self-care.
· Assist clients in identifying needs, setting goals, establishing concrete objectives and developing a Personal Service Plan.
· Assure access to local resources, including psychiatric and medical care, housing, rehabilitation programs, drug/alcohol services, socialization activities, providing transportation and accompanying the client when necessary. Communicate regularly with other treatment providers.
· Provide both ongoing support and crisis intervention.
· Actively outreach clients on caseload who have not been in contact.
· Conduct support groups and teach classes on topics such as money management and like skills training.
· Maintain member files in compliance with funder requirements.
· As time allows, assist in the daily operation of the center.
· Attend daily staff meetings, supervision and trainings as requested.
· Work cooperatively with other Service Coordinators including sharing responsibility for 24 hour on-call coverage.
REPORTS TO: Team Leader
HOURS: 40 hours per week
SALARY: Level V
QUALIFICATIONS: License preferred – L.C.S.W.; M.F.T.; Nurse or B.A. in psychology or a related field or 3 years of related work experience with a minimum of 2 years experience working with mentally ill adults in a community setting. Case management experience is essential, including the ability to chart patient progress to meet documentation requirements. Interview will involve a review of this ability. Must have own transportation and current driver’s license.
Fax resume to (310) 394-6883. Check out our website: